眾所周知,英文native speaker時常會係日常對話中用到idioms。作為英文學習者,我哋可能未有接觸過好多idioms,有時會get唔到佢哋嘅意思。職場亦都係咁,學識一d與工作相關嘅idioms,幫你提升英文能力!

 

Learn the Ropes培訓

意思:熟悉工作領域,培訓

It will take me several months to learn the ropes, but I’m sure you’ll be satisfied with my performance.

我需要幾個月來熟悉工作,但我相信你會對我的表現滿意的。

 

Get the Sack/ Be Sacked 被炒魷魚

I just got the sack, and so did 20 other people.

我被炒了,和另外20個人一起。

 

Off the Hook 脫離原本的責任/解脫

Jason said he’d finish the project tonight, so you’re off the hook.

Jason說他今晚就能完成這個項目,所以你解脫了。

 

Hanging by a Thread 十分危急的狀態

After you botched a third sales presentation, your job is hanging by a thread.

你第三次搞砸了presentation之後,你的工作就岌岌可危了。

 

Burn the Candle at Both Ends 疲憊不堪

意思:長時間工作,十分疲憊。

I’ve been working two jobs, but I’m super tired. I’m burning the candle at both ends.

我有兩份工作,我真的特別累,疲憊不堪。245

 

Out of Work 待業中

I’ve been out of work since December. Hope I find a new job soon!

我從十二月開始就一直待業,希望能儘快找到工作!