香港人工作節奏很intense,有時會忙到嘔泡,再加埋日常生活既各種各樣既煩惱,壓力大到個人就黎爆炸。咁你又知幾多關於壓力既英文expression呢?學返幾句表達「壓力爆棚」既short phrases,同朋友仔或者同事呻下啦。

 

1) to have a lot on one’s plate 太多事情要做

 

With the baby coming and working overtime… I have a lot on my plate as is, please don’t make things even harder for me!

BB準備出生,又要OT工作⋯⋯我要做的事情太多了,請不要讓事情變得複雜!

 

2) to be at one’s wits’ end 超越了極限

 

This new project has put me at my wits’ end. I can’t do this!

新的項目已經超越了我的極限,我做不到了!

 

3) to have a lot on one’s mind 太多事情要煩惱

 

I’m sorry I’m so out of it today. I just have a lot on my mind.

很抱歉,今天我有些失控。我只是有太多事情要煩惱了。

 

4) to take a weight/load off one’s mind減輕某人的重擔/負擔

 

Hey, let’s take a vacation. You really need to try and take a load off your mind.

我們去度假吧,你需要試著放鬆一下。

 

5) to be up to one’s neck in something 在被某件事情給綁住

 

They’ve been up to their necks trying to finish that project that’s due tomorrow.

他們已經用盡全力做完了明天需要交的任務。

 

6) to have run/worked oneself into the ground 讓自己做到死

 

He really worked himself into the ground by taking on two jobs and being a single father.

他這個單親爸爸又身兼兩份工作,真的會做到死呀。

 

7) my head is about to explode 我的頭快要爆炸了

 

Gosh, the deadline is tomorrow 12p.m., my head is about to explode!

天哪,截止日是明天中午十二點,我的頭就快要爆炸了!



想知自己英文有幾好?立即參加免費職場英語評估!