大家有冇試過喺唔同社交媒體上見到英文縮寫呢?唔理解佢哋嘅意思可能真係會以為係typo、亂碼!又或者你都想試吓用互聯網縮寫,但又驚用錯?咁就嚟一齊學吓啦!

 

1. IRL: In real life 在現實生活中

 

Nice chatting with you! Maybe we can meet each other IRL.

很高興與你聊天呢!也許我們可以在現實生活中見一面。

 

2. CYA: See you 到時見

 

I can’t wait to go shopping with you on Friday! CYA

我們星期五是會一起去購物吧?到時見!

 

3. YSK: You should know 你應該知道的

 

My family is returning to our hometown during the Lunar New Year. YSK, we seldom visit our relatives in our hometown.

我的家人在農曆新年期間會回鄉下。 你應該知道的,我們很少回家鄉探親。

 

4. TIA: Thanks in advance 先提前道謝了

 

Can you send me the PowerPoint slides for today’s lecture when you’re free? TIA.

你有空時能把今天上課的簡報發給我嗎?先提前道謝了。

 

5. FOMO: Fear of missing out 錯失恐懼症

 

During exam time, I have FOMO when my friends invite me out. School grades are important, but I get social anxiety if I am not with my friends having fun.

在考試期間,當我的朋友邀請我出去時,我會有錯失恐懼症。學校成績很重要,但如果我沒有與朋友一起玩,我就會感到社交焦慮。

 

6. TL;DR: Too long; didn’t read 太長了,沒有看

 

A: Have you read the 1000-word article that I uploaded on my social media?

B: TL;DR.

 

A:你看過我上傳到社交媒體上的 1000 字文章了嗎?

B:太長了,沒有看。

 

7. SMH: Shaking my head 不太好啊

 

A: Even though I knew that it was going to rain today, I didn’t bring my umbrella.

B: SMH. Why are you so absent-minded?

 

A:雖然知道今天要下雨,但我仍沒有帶傘。

B:不太好啊,你怎麼這麼心不在焉的?

 

8. ELI5: Explain like I’m 5 years old 請解釋得淺顯一點

 

ELI5, what are Vieta’s formulas?

請解釋得淺顯一點,什麼是韋達定理?