每逢月尾,開支都用得七七八八,你係咪總會聽到身邊有人話「冇曬錢啦」、「手頭好緊」呢?今日就嚟學下7個相關嘅英文啦!

 

1. Strapped 手頭緊的

 

I would really love to go to staycation with you but I am strapped this month.

我真的很想跟你一起宅度假,可惜這個月手頭很緊。

 

2. Short on cash 手頭緊的

 

I am willing to lend you money but I am a bit short on cash.

我願意借錢給你,只是我現在手頭有點緊。

 

3. Feel the pinch 經濟窘迫

 

Small businesses can feel the pinch from the economic crisis. It is even hard for them to pay rent and salaries to the employees.

小型企業在經濟危機下處境窘迫,它們甚至難以支付租金和工資。

 

4. Shoestring budget 預算有限

 

Under the shoestring budget, I believe traveling to Vietnam is the best option.

在有限的預算下,我相信去越南旅行是最佳的選擇。

 

5. Skint 身無分文的

 

She always lives to pay back the check as she gets paid at the beginning of a month, and is a skint by the middle of the month.

她是一位典型的月光族,月頭領到的工資在月中已經花剩無幾了。

 

6. In the red (尤指企業) 有赤字、負債

 

The business is temporarily in the red as it has put too many resources in purchasing raw materials recently.

由於企業最近花了太多錢在購買原材料上,導致暫時處於虧損、赤字狀態。

 

7. Financial strain 財務壓力

 

We used to live on my father’s earnings. Therefore, the fact that he is unemployed has caused financial strain for our family.

我們過去都是在依靠父親的收入生活,因此,他失業的事實造成了家庭財務壓力。