1. Run a tight ship 嚴格管理
Our director runs a tight ship at work. I hope he does not realize that I have missed the deadline of those tasks.
2. Back to square one 被迫重新開始
Although we have put a lot of effort in, there is no choice now but back to square one.
3. Have our work cut out for us 大量工作等著我們完成（且高難度的）
When our supervisor comes to us with voluminous documents, we know that we have our work cut out for us.
4. Spread oneself too thin 同時做太多事而無法做好每一件
She spreads herself too thin in multitasking, yet her boss is not satisfied with her performance.
5. Can’t make head nor tail of it 一頭霧水
Every time I talk to him, I can’t make head nor tail of it. I completely do not understand what he is saying.
6. Get the wrong end of the stick 誤解
I have to explain the same matter several times to her, or otherwise, she will get the wrong end of the stick.
7. Beat around the bush 轉彎抹角
Stop beating around the bush. Just get to the point.
8. Talk at cross purposes 各說各的
I guess we are talking at cross purposes. I meant task A, not task B.
我想我們在各說各的，我指的是任務 A，而不是任務 B。