上次學咗8個British Slang有冇好好複習呢?今次再為大家介紹更多有趣到震嘅British Slang!你知唔知Skint喺「腰纏萬貫」定「身無分文」?Numpty喺讚定彈?「嬲到震」又喺點講?

 

想知多啲嘅,就入嚟望真啲喇!

 

  • Paste 狠狠地打

 

Don’t get any closer! Or he will paste you to death!

不要再接近了!不然他可能會狠狠地把你打死!

 

  • Know One’s Onions 精通某事

 

You don’t have to worry about her. She knows her onions about computers.

你不需要替她擔心,她精通電腦。

 

  • Knees up 熱鬧

 

The carnival is knees up. Many people are rushing to win the prizes.

嘉年華十分熱鬧,很多人都急著要贏獎品。

 

  • Honk 嘔吐

 

My stomach is too painful that I want to honk.

我的胃痛得我要吐了。

 

  • Numpty 不智/無能的人

 

He is a numpty that I can’t stand chatting with him for a second.

他是一個不智的人,一秒我也不能忍受跟他對話。

 

  • Queer someone’s pitch 令人前功盡廢

 

I am here to apologize for my careless mistake which queered your pitch.

我來到這裡是為我的冒失,令你前功盡廢而道歉的。

 

  • Skint 身無分文

 

I can’t hang out this month. I’m skint.

我這個月不能外出,因為我身無分文。

 

  • Steaming 極度憤怒

 

He was steaming when having an argument with his wife.

他與妻子有爭執時,他顯得極度憤怒。

 

一個人冒煙,其實就喺「嬲到出煙」同「嬲到震」嘅意思,十分有畫面感!

 

記得連同上次8個British Slang一齊溫習,對slang 有興趣都可以睇睇其他篇章啊!