你知道甚麼是take a rain check、jack up嗎?原來「怪叔叔」英文可以咁講?除咗文法和詞彙外,與外國人溝通也會聽到唔少Slang,想知道自己識幾多?想學多啲?

 

咁就要睇睇以下American Slang 入面嘅Words and Phrases︰

 

  • drive up the wall 使……大怒

 

He broke my mobile phone intentionally and this drove me up the wall.

他有意弄壞我的電話,這使我十分憤怒。

 

  • Pig out 狼吞虎嚥地吃

 

She is very hungry, so she pigs out on all the noodles and cakes.

因為她十分餓,所以狼吞虎嚥地吃著所有麵條和蛋糕。

 

  • Uptight 十分緊張

 

I know you are uptight about this interview.

我知道你很緊張這次面試。

 

  • Zonked 疲憊不堪

 

I am zonked after preparing for this project.

籌備這個計劃後,我感到疲憊不堪。

 

  • take a rain check 改天吧

 

I can’t watch movie with you this Sunday, but can I take a rain check?

我這個星期日不能跟你看電影,不如改天再去吧?

 

  • jack up 抬價

 

When summer approaches, the airlines and hotels jack up their prices.

愈接近夏天,航空公司和酒店都要抬價。

 

  • For Real 真的

 

You think that he is a nice guy, for real?

你真的覺得他是一個好人?

 

  • Creep 令人噁心的人

 

There is a creep staring at you. Don’t look back!

那個有一個令人噁心的人一直盯著你,不要向後看!

 

所以,你用Creepy Uncle就可以指我哋平日講嘅怪叔叔。

 

以上8個American Slang你又識幾多呢?有唔識,就要記低佢哋,下次煲劇或者同外國人傾計都唔怕聽唔明喇!