- to turn in / to hit the hay : to go to bed 去睡覺
I’m ready to turn in. Can I turn the light off?
- forty winks : a short sleep during the day 打盹
She has forty winks on the way to my home since she didn’t sleep well last night.
- a night owl : someone who loves to stay up late 晚睡者
Stop being a night owl. You are heaving dark circles under your eyes.
- pull an all-nighter : staying up all night to work on something 熬夜做事
I pulled an all-nighter last night, hoping that I can fix the loophole on time.
- tossing and turning all night : moving around a lot in your sleep 輾轉反側
It’s too hot to sleep without air-conditioning. I was tossing and turning all night.
原來夜貓英文唔喺night cat，開夜車都唔只喺burn midnight oil！真喺要好好記低先！