There are so many idioms about sleeping, and here are the 10 idioms that you must learn! How to wake someone up without saying ‘get up’? Is there idiom that can describe someone wake up and sleep early? What does it mean by getting up on the wrong side of the bed? If you have no clue about the answer to the above question, you can find them below!
- Rise and shine ! : wake someone up by saying it
Rise and shine! It’s time for breakfast!
- To burn the candle at both ends : to go to sleep early and wake up early
I don’t really like burning the candle at both ends, but I have to be on time every day.
- To sleep on it : to delay decision-making until the next day
Let’s sleep on it and talk about it later.
- Ready to drop : extremely tired
It was my first time to run a marathon. I was ready to drop after that.
- To get up on the wrong / right side of the bed : to start the day in a bad / good mood that lasts all day
I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I don’t want to talk to anyone.
If you want to learn more about phrases or idioms regarding sleeping, you are always welcome to click on to other articles!