- Rise and shine ! : wake someone up by saying it 快起床！
Rise and shine! It’s time for breakfast!
- To burn the candle at both ends : to go to sleep early and wake up early 早睡早起
I don’t really like burning the candle at both ends, but I have to be on time every day.
- To sleep on it : to delay decision-making until the next day 讓我再想想，遲些再給你回覆
Let’s sleep on it and talk about it later.
- Ready to drop : extremely tired 筋疲力盡
It was my first time to run a marathon. I was ready to drop after that.
- To get up on the wrong / right side of the bed : to start the day in a bad / good mood that lasts all day 心情不好/ 好
I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I don’t want to talk to anyone.