No matter in workplace or your personal life, you might have to invite others to come along for a meal or movie. Do you know how to ask people out for a drink? Out of courtesy, we will not force him/her to join, instead, we will ask with respect. This article includes the ways to make invitations, as well as the expressions to accept and reject them.
Making invitations :
- How about … ?
- Would you be interested in … ?
- Why don’t you… ?
- Do you feel like…?
- Would you like to … ?
Accepting an invitation :
- I’d love to, thanks.
- I’ll be glad to do so.
- Sure, that’s a good idea. Just count me in !
Declining an invitation :
- Thanks for inviting me, but I am not free.
- Sorry, I don’t think I can.
- That’s very kind of you, but I have a busy schedule.
Later, when you want to date your partner or invite your boss and coworkers to have fun, you can surely try the above phrases!