No matter at work or in your personal life, you might have to invite others to come along for a meal or movie. Do you know how to ask people out for a drink? Out of courtesy, we will not force him/her to join, instead, we will ask with respect. This article will introduce the ways of making invitations, as well as the expressions to accept and reject them.
1) How about …?
2) Would you be interested in …?
3) Why don’t you …?
4) Do you feel like …?
5) Would you like to …?
Accepting an invitation:
– I’d love to, thanks.
– I’ll be glad to come and hang out.
– Sure, that’s a good idea. Just count me in!
Declining an invitation:
– Thanks for the invitation, but I am not available at that time.
– Sorry, I don’t think I can join because …
– That’s very kind of you, but I have a busy schedule this week and thus not able to join.
Later, if you wish to take your partner on a date or invite your boss and coworkers to have fun, you can surely try these above phrases!