No matter you are staying in foreign countries for a short period or studying there, you are bound to deal with the same situation – inquiring about accommodation! At that moment, you are required to communicate well with your landlord/ landlady to get the information you need about the place you desire. Are you afraid of missing some details in renting an apartment/ house/ room? Do you know what the common questions you should ask be? Let’s take a look at the list below!
- I saw your advertisement of an apartment for renting and I am very interested. When would it be available for me to view the room?
- Are there any sports facilities?
- I would like to rent a furnished place. Does the apartment contain all the furniture I will need?
- Does the rent cover the costs for electricity and water?
- Do any tenants have children ?
- Could I redecorate the room?
- Do I have to pay the first and last month rent or a security deposit before moving in?
- Normally, how much do I need to spend on utilities?
Before renting accommodation, you must make sure it does suit your needs! Ask as many questions as you can think of to make sure it’s the right place for you!