The most popular type of writing questions in IELTS are cause & solutions and advantages & disadvantages. It requires candidate to be precise and concise when presenting their arguments. We are going to give you guys a list of useful sentence patterns for writing argumentative essays.
Cause & solutions
1. Personally, I believe that … should also be given equal consideration.
I believe that amending the prohibited drug list should also be given equal consideration.
2. In order to mitigate…, … has been put forward.
In order to mitigate the problem of overfishing, multiple solutions have been put forward.
3. Although this is a thorny issue, it can be dealt with by some methods, such as…
Although this is a thorny issue, it can be dealt with by raising public awareness on animal trafficking.
4. To address the problem of …, This solution promises direct impacts.
To address the problem of juvenile delinquency, providing parenting consultation promises direct impacts.
Advantages & disadvantages
1. While … is beneficial/unfavorable to some extent, I would argue that its disadvantages/advantages are more significant.
While artificial intelligence is beneficial to some extent, I would argue that its disadvantages are more significant.
2. …has its own good sides. However, the shortcoming is more remarkable that they should be taken into serious consideration.
Paper-free office has its own good sides. However, the shortcoming is more remarkable that they should be taken into serious consideration.