There can be a lot of situations occurred when you are making or taking a business phone call. What if your colleague is away from work and others dial in to find him/her? How should you ask him/her to leave a message politely? What if the specific person you are calling for is not available now ? What should you say to get him/her updated? Let’s check it out below!
- leaving a message
- Could you please take a message ? Please tell him / her that …
- I’d like to leave a message for him / her. Please notify him / her about …
- taking a message
- I’m afraid she / he is not available at the moment. Would you like to leave a message ?
- I’m sorry, she / he is not here today. Can I take a message?
- asking for repetition of information
- Could you spell that for me, please ?
- Let me see if I got that right. Is it _________ (the information you wrote down)?
- ending the call
- Thank you so much for your help.
- Thanks for calling.
Be confident and master the skills in telephone business conversation!