Hi there! I’m Louis, from Wall Street English. Today I’m going to introduce different ways of expressing compliments.
Giving compliments to a person’s appearance:
- You look nice in that outfit
- You look amazing!
- I like your shirt, where did you get it from?
- I like your new haircut
- I love your shoes. Are they new?
Complimenting someone’s cooking:
- This soup is very tasty
- You’re a fantastic cook
- Did you make that from scratch?
- That was delicious. My compliments to the chef
Complimenting people at work:
- What a innovative idea / suggestion
- Your presentation was excellent
- Your hard work has really paid off with great results
- Thanks so much on your advice
- That was a valuable contribution
- Feedback from our clients have been very positive
Complimenting someone’s home:
- What a nice apartment
- You have a beautiful home
- Where did you get that lovely furniture?
- I love the décor. Did you design it yourself?
Complimenting children / babies:
- Oh, what an adorable face!
- Your baby is so cute
- Your children are very well behaved.
Well that’s all for this week’s two minute English. Byebye!