船Boat呢隻字相信大家都唔陌生,但有關船嘅Idioms你又識幾多? Burn your boats唔通係燒左你架船?今日我哋準備咗有關唔同船嘅Idioms,一齊黎學下啦!

 

1. be in the same boat 處境相同

 

It’s hard to choose between lover and family. I know how exactly you feel as I am in the same boat too.

在愛人和家人之間作出抉擇是一件艱難的事,我完全明白你的感受,因為我也經歷同樣的處境。

 

2. float one’s boat 是某人喜歡(或感興趣)的東西

 

It’s never easy to say goodbye, but I really hope that the next job will float your boat.

說再見從來不是一件容易的事,但我真的希望你會喜歡你下一份的工作。

 

3. burn one’s boats 做事不留退路/破釜沈舟

 

Quitting your job is like burning your boats. So, you should have an in-depth plan before resigning and opening to your own company.

辭退工作就是斷了自己退路,所以你應該在離職和開自己公司前,先有一個完整的計劃。

 

4. rock the boat 惹麻煩

 

Remember to stay calm and never rock the boat when you are travelling to another city.

當你到了那個城市,記得要冷靜和不要惹麻煩。

 

5. when one’s ship comes in 當某人變得富有或成功

 

When my ship comes in, I promise to buy you everything you ever wanted.

我答應你,當我變得富有,就會把所有你想要的東西都買給你。



免費英語水平測試,15分鐘即知分析及改善