相信大家都知道informal同 formal writing係有好大嘅分別,喺formal writing嘅時候,我哋需要特別注意措辭同語氣。今次Wall Street English就教大家十個 formal vocab ,等大家知道兩者嘅分別,下次再寫report、essay或者business email就唔怕用錯字眼啦。 

 

1. Ask → Enquire 詢問 

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any enquiries.  

如果您有任何疑問,請隨時與我聯繫。 

 

2. Ask for → Request 請求 

I am writing to request sponsorship from your company for the event.  

我寫信請求貴公司為這次活動提供贊助。 

 

3. Help → Assist 幫助 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we could be of further assistance.  

如果我們可以提供進一步的幫助,請隨時與我們聯繫。 

 

4. Start → Commence 開始 

To commence with, the number of registered users has been spiraling since June. 

首先,註冊用戶的數量從 6 月份開始暴升。 

 

5. End → Terminate 停止 

I am writing to inform you of our decision to terminate the contract.  

我寫信通知你我們決定終止合同。 

 

6. Try → Endeavor 嘗試 

In spite of our greatest endeavors, the problem remains insolvable.  

儘管我們盡了最大的努力,但問題仍然無法解決。 

 

7. Get → Obtain 獲得 

He failed to obtain permission to switch his position.  

他未能獲得轉任的許可。 

 

8. Keep → Reserve 保留 

Please reserve the date for the meeting.  

請保留會議日期。 

 

9. Thanks → Gratitude 謝意 

We would like to express our greatest gratitude for the assistance in advance.  

我們謹對事先的援助表示最深切的感謝。 

 

10. Say sorry → apologize 道歉 

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the event may have caused you. 

對於該事件給您帶來的不便,我們深表歉意。 

 

 

學好以上十個嘅常見formal用字,以後再遇到formal writing就唔洗驚啦! 

想知自己英文有幾好,仲可以試下下面嘅小測驗~