1. I’m afraid my hands are tied
Sorry, I’m afraid my hands are tied as I’m on a tight schedule for this project.
2. Sorry that I was preoccupied with…
Sorry, I was preoccupied with a meeting. I’ve to go now.
3. Sorry, I’m swamped with work right now
Sorry, I’m swamped with work right now. I need to organize all of this stuff today.
4. Sorry, I could not make it. I got so buried in work.
A: Could you get lunch for me?
B: Sorry, I could not make it. I got so buried in work so I have planned to skip lunch.
5. I’d like to help you, but I really can’t take up any more tasks right now.
I’d like to help you, but I really can’t take up any more tasks right now. I have three project deadlines coming up.
6. It isn’t in my wheelhouse but I believe sb would be able to help.
Coding isn’t in my wheelhouse but I am sure John would be able to help.
編碼並非我的專長，但我相信 John 能幫上忙。
7. This is not within my remit
This issue is not within my remit and I’m afraid I couldn’t do it.